Community Building Supply of Four Rivers Health Care welcomes requests for donations of used building and remodeling materials from organizations meeting the following criteria:
• Grassroots organizations based locally in the region
• Projects and organizations that are inclusive and directly benefit the local community.
Prior to submitting a request, we strongly recommend visiting Community Building Supply to get familiar with the types and characteristics of the used building materials we carry.
Submit a brief letter complete with the following information:
• Description of the organization and the organization’s federal id number (if applicable)
• Project description and expected community benefits
• Specific list of materials requested. (Please note that all donations are subject to inventory availability, staff discretion and the operational capabilities of Community Building Supply.)
• Project budget and schedule
• Primary contact: name, address, phone, fax and email
Community Building Supply asks that organizations submit no more than one requests within a 12-month period, unless an additional request has been invited.
Mail, fax or hand-deliver proposals to:
Community Building Supply, Attn: Donation Requests, 1701 SW 4th Ave Ontario, Oregon 97914, Fax: 541-889-0006.
Typically, Community Building Supply reviews proposals and informs applicants (via phone, fax or email) within two weeks of receiving a request.
To help Community Building Supply document the community benefits of its donations, promote reuse projects and inspire new ideas, we ask donation recipients to provide a very brief report, ideally with photos, at the conclusion of the project. Please send report to the address listed above.
Donation pick-up process:
Community Building Supply cannot guarantee availability of specific used materials or predict future inventory. Donation recipients should be aware that Community Building Supply’s inventory changes constantly. Materials approved for donation might not be available at the time of pick-up. We strongly encourage donation recipients to plan accordingly, including the possible necessities of visiting more than once to fulfill donations and seeking backup sources of materials. Please note that current supply and demand may force Community Building Supply to cap donations based on availability.
Approved donation recipients will be assigned to a Community Building Supply staff member as their primary contact to walk through the warehouse and yard to identify, select, record and load materials approved for donation.
Donation recipients are asked to pick-up their donations within 10 days after approval, ideally on a weekday, unless other specific arrangements have been made.