1. Appliances, Furnaces, Woodstoves– In working and non-working condition.
- Washers/dryers, Refrigerators, Ovens, Dishwashers, Range hoods, Range tops, Microwaves, Stoves, Air conditioners
- Woodstoves: made post-1986 and DEQ or EPA certified. • Pellet stoves.
- Fireplace covers, screens, tools, manufactured logs and log-holders.
- Cannot accept: Baseboard and wall heaters, thermostats, square heat ducting or fireplace heat blowers.
2. Architectural Items
- Antique windows
- Porch posts
3. Cabinets/Countertops – Cabinets must have all doors and drawers and outer facings must be in good condition. Countertops must be in good condition with minimal chips or damage.
4. Doors – interior and exterior doors in reusable condition.
- Pre-hung or door slabs. Cannot be taller than 84”, free of rot, all panes intact.
- Sliding glass. Must have all tracking, glass must be intact without cracks or fogging.
- Bi-fold and bi-pass doors.
- Carriage-style garage doors.
- Aluminum screen doors.
- Shower doors: clean, framed with metal and complete with track.
- Cannot accept: Doors that are bowed, warped, or have peeling paint, drastic alterations, rot, failing seals or asbestos.
5. Electrical – Wire, plugs, plates, and hardware associated with electrical wiring. Need to be sorted by type or part.
6. Flooring materials
- Carpet, New or “gently used”, and clean with no visible stains or odors
- Carpet padding. New or “gently used”, and clean with no visible stains or odors.
- Sheet vinyl flooring in usable lengths. Rolled and taped
- Wood flooring. Must be free from rot and in usable quantities (25 sq. ft. or more)
- Granite and marble slabs: 2 ft. X 2 ft. or larger.
- Vinyl floor tiles: full boxes, 10 years or newer. • Linoleum: larger than 6 ft x6 ft, 10 years or newer. • Marmoleum.
- Tile: whole, no chips or grout. Standard sizes, Ceramic 15 sq. ft. or more, (exceptions: decorative, bull nose, specialty), stone tiles.
- Metal fencing. Chain link rolled up without debris. Wooden fencing: without rot and in reusable condition. Gates.
- Plastic construction fencing.
- Wood and metal railings.
8. Furniture - must have no tears or stains.
- Bedding (Twin, Full and Queen Only, mattress and box spring)
- Bed Frames (metal only) Bunk Beds, Trundle/Day Bed, & Captain’s
- Bed Room: Dressers and Chest of Drawers, Headboards & Footboards
- Book Cases, Entertainment Centers (Small and Medium in size only 48″ wide max.)
- Chairs, Desks (48″ x 30″ or smaller)
- Dining Room: Kitchen Tables & Chairs
- Living Room: Sofas, Loveseats & Upholstered, Reclining Chairs, Sleeper Sofas (Small twin or full only), Tables (night/end/coffee)
9. Hardware – For doors, cabinets, etc., in useable, working condition, free from rust.
10. Insulation – New only
11. Lighting – Fluorescent and incandescent. Good to excellent condition. Complete fixtures in working order.
12. Lumber – Framing/Trim/Pressure Treated, de-nailed, and in usable condition.
- Plywood – full, 12-1/4 sheets of plywood
- Milled lumber – 4’ lengths or greater, free of rot and insects
- Trim – 4’ lengths or greater, free of rot and insects.
- Siding – full lengths, free of rot and insects
- Cinderblock – whole, intact and in good condition
- Bricks – whole, intact and in good condition
- White only. All other paint should be taken to True Value Hardware for recycle.
15. Plumbing Fixtures and Hardware
- Sinks, all types, no rust or cracks. Drop-in preferred. Stainless or porcelain. Porcelain must be in good condition without chips or permanent stains.
- Bathtubs. New or used without stains, chips or cracks. Claw foot bathtubs accepted.
- Only 1.6-gallon flush commodes accepted. White and almond colors preferred. All must be clean and in good working condition.
- Plumbing hardware
- Pipe-PVC/Metal/Copper, 4’ minimum length
- Cannot accept: Hot tubs or fiberglass tubs without motors.
16. Roofing Materials/Gutters
- Rolls of roofing material, minimum 12 rolls
- New roofing and gutter materials in full pieces with no rust or damage
17. Sheet Rock (wallboard, drywall) – 4’ lengths and up. Condition must be that at least 4’ of sheet rock is salvageable. 12’ lengths and up are acceptable.
18. Tools – Hand or power tools in any working condition, will sell as is.
19. Vents (floor, ceiling, returns)- clean, and in good condition
20. Vinyl siding, accessories - Full length pieces only
21. Windows/screens – Dual pane only. All windows must be inspected before Acceptance. Must be in good condition with glass intact. Wooden windows. Must be free from rot. Must be in complete units. No damaged screens.
22. Planes/Trains/Automobiles/ETC. - We will consider all donations. We can always recycle the metal and gain funds that way.
23. Odds/Ends-If you have multiple items to donate and think we might not be interested, bring it in anyway. If we don’t specifically use them we give all other items to Project Dove or Love Inc to assist them in their efforts as well.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT MATERIALS CONTAINING HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES: Asbestos-containing materials, PCB’S, toxic or flammable products, batteries, contaminated plumbing, containers that may have held chemicals of any kind.
Limited FREE pick up service available for larger loads and specialty items. Call 541-889-3078
Location:1701 SW 4th Avenue Ontario, Oregon 97914
Thank you for supporting the environment and our local communities.
Community Building Supply, Four Rivers Health Care is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Tax ID # 93-1304536. Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Federal law states that goods must be in “good used condition or better” in order to qualify for tax deductions. IRS regulations prohibit non-profit organizations from establishing or affirming the value of contributions.